Here are some resources to help you get the most out of my award-winning books Flying High! Discover the poetry in British birds, and Buzzing! Discover the poetry in garden minibeasts inside – and outside – the classroom.
- Download my new Flying High! Teachers’ Notes here.
- Listen to the song of each of the birds featured in Flying High! here.
- Watch videos of some of my Flying High! poems here.
- Find out about bird-related follow-up activities here.
‘A book for making learning fun.’ Journal for Biological Education
- Looking for poems for your pupils to perform? Then download these Buzzing! Teachers’ Notes.
- For videos of me performing some of these poems, click here.
- Looking for modern versions of famous poems, such as Lewis Carroll’s ‘Jabberwocky’ and William Blake’s ‘The Tyger’? Then download these Buzzing! Teachers’ Notes.
- Looking for more information about my Buzzing! book, and how to use it as a classroom resource? Then download this Buzzing! Teachers’ Resource.
- Looking for examples of different poetic forms, including the limerick, double-dactyl and triolet? Then download these Buzzing! Teachers’ Notes.
- For details of citizen-science recording projects your pupils can get involved in, go to my BugWatch page.
- For age-specific, downloadable bumblebee activities, visit the Bumblebee Conservation Trust website